Wow, this summer has been very busy. We have had many visitors ever since May 27th. Jennie and Nathan came up to stay with us for about a month, and then Luke (Tim's dad) came up around the same time to help us finish the bomb shelter (the toy room). That finally got done thanks to Luke. He did an awesome job on the room and we really appreciate him coming up to the frozen tundra to help us with the changes we are making to the "Handy Man Special". He left after a week of me slave driving him and then was to return with Anne (mother in-law) at the end of June for Mikey's 2nd Birthday. In between those visits Jennie, the three boys, and I were busy doing things around Kenosha and we also went to Muskegon, MI to visit Grandma June for five days. Which was nice a visit. Jennie and Nathan left to go back to the armpit of the south for about a week and in that time I had Anne and Luke's visit. It was a lot of fun. We were very busy. We went to museums that are in the Kenosha area and went to Chicago one day to see what Taste of Chicago was all about. We ate so much food and had a really good time listening to a cover band. The lead singer was amazing he could match his voice to anyone. I mean from AC/DC to Blondie (yes amazing that man was). I don't know how he did it. They left after five days (I think) and gave me a day to clean up and then my parents and sis came up for a visit. We were busy with things and celebrating the fourth of July with family. Caleb was in a parade here for Tiger Scouts, which the whole family got to see him in. I mean the whole family, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and Great Grandfather. They all came up and down for the day for a Housewarming and Birthday Party. It was a great time. So, after that my parents took the boys with them on vacation for about a week. While the boys were gone Tim and I got a lot of things done on the house. We put new floors in in the living room and dining room. Took down wallpaper and repaired walls in the entry way and stairway then painted. Put up a glass mosaic tile in the kitchen. It looks so good. Then we repainted the Living room again because the first time we painted wasn't really the color that I envisioned. And here we are today...tons of housework to do and a couple more loads of laundry not to mention I have already done about tens loads yesterday. Yes, I am that behind on house cleaning and such. Oh, well. I am usually OCD about the house cleaning, but I could care less right now. I am now trying to enjoy the summer with the boys.
To let you guys now the latest in Caleb and Mikey world. . .Caleb learned to ride his bike without training wheels and has gotten a new bigger and better bike (his words). He is very excited about the bike. Mikey is starting to potty train. I figure since it took Caleb awhile to potty train, we might as well start with Mikey. That was a lot and I am sorry if I bored you, but that is basically why I have not posted anything in a really long time. Pictures are to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That was a lot to post! That just means that you need to update more often! HA!
Post a Comment